7.18.2007

Honestly

I'm sitting in a Panera Bread waiting on a few people for a meeting. As I was booting up the laptop I couldn't help but hear a conversation at a table right next to me. It appears a marketing agency representative is meeting with two clients and things are a little tense at best. One of the clients said something about some work that wasn't done correctly and the marketer said, "Honestly, I didn't know that." Then, over the course of the next sixty seconds the marketer said "honestly" about ten times. The comments were things like:
"Honestly we didn't mean to do that."
"Honestly we didn't know that."
"Honestly we thought it was something different."

If you have to say honestly that much what does that say about all of your previous conversations? Were they less than the truth? Honestly?

No comments: