There's lots of news today about a possible recession. The Federal Reserve made the biggest rate cut in 24 years today to head a recession off at the pass but the stock market isn't really responding well so far. While a recession (or even the hint of one) will increase fears in many traditional sectors of media and marketing, I think new media marketers will benefit from this and here's why....
- Blogs don't cost anything to start.
- Online video is free. So is creating your own video channel on YouTube.
- Creating a Facebook group doesn't cost anything.
- Recording a podcast costs next to nothing.
- A basic Flickr account to engage your customers is free.
- Twitter doesn't charge to message the people most interested in what you are doing.
- AdWords only cost you something when someone clicks your ad (and you determine the cost per click.)