6.29.2006

One week later - AOL microexplosion



Last week I had a post about the AOL cancellation phone call that has been making the rounds online. I made a few predictions and although I came up short in predicting how quickly this would take off (I said by today it would be in the upper hundred thousand views) it's now close to 200,000. Ok, so I was a little over anxious and maybe it's going to take longer to spread than I thought but the fact of the matter is this: it IS spreading...and quite well.

A few days ago I came across a similar video...this time it's about Comcast. This video really has spread like wildfire. It's gotten over 550,000 views in less than 10 days!!

So, what does all of this mean? For me it continuously reinforces the viral power of the Internet. When there's compelling content people will spread it and you just sit back and watch...whether you like it or not.

No comments: